Fiberglass tape, made of fiberglass yarn, has the characteristics of high temperature resistance, good insulation performance and strong corrosion resistance. It can be used for filling and binding insulation materials of transformers, motors, electrical appliances and cables. Its main component is aluminium borosilicate (E glass), and the content of alkali metal oxides such as potassium oxide and sodium oxide is less than 0.8%. Alkali-free glass fiber ribbon mainly includes ordinary type, reinforced type, reinforced bulging yarn type and so on. The difference between ordinary type and reinforced type is mainly due to the different sizing agents used in drawing fiberglass precursors, which determines the important differences in the use of products. Strengthened expanded yarn is made of glass fibers which are extruded and then knitted into ribbons.
Fiberglass Tape Characteristics:
- Excellent heat resistance, the maximum temperature is 600
- Light weight, heat resistance, small heat capacity & low thermal Soft and good thermal insulation.
- Fiberglass tape does not absorb water, corrode, mildew, moth, scatter easily, and has certain tensile.
- Excellent ageing resistance.
- Good sound absorption, higher than the average requirement of NRC.
- It can be tailored, sewed and constructed easily according to the requirements.
- Glass fiber has good electrical insulation
- Glass fibers are inorganic fibers and never burn.
- Glass fibers have high tensile strength and length stability
- Used for various heat sources (coal, electricity, oil, gas) high temperature equipment, central air-conditioning pipeline insulation; electric heating bracket, heating element
- Used for all kinds of insulation and fire- proof materials, high-temperature boilers, ovens, warm air heating equipment.
- Sealing, sound absorption, filtering and insulation materials for special places; Insulation for various heat transfer and storage devices;
- Sound insulation, heat insulation and heat insulation for vehicles, ships, aircraft, etc. Insulation of the inner core of mufflers for automobiles and motorcycles and mufflation of engines. Inter layer thermal insulation of color steel plate and wood structure buildings.